create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Gratitude Post

Though the end of July has been pretty tough I've managed to come up with yet another gratitude post this week! Bam! (^^^)

1. July Ending!: I'm grateful that the month of July is finally coming to an end. This month has been pretty tough financially but I'm thankful I barely paid most of my bills and was able to have enough food to last the month. Instead of dreading the beginning of August I am looking forward to what opportunities it has to bring and if it will be even better than July!

2. Meeting and Exceeding My July Goal! : My goal every month since I graduated (a year ago) is to put in at least 30 applications a month and this month I exceeded it with 40-some applications! Granted the majority of them are for part time positions but I am hoping that I will hear back from some of them in August.

3. Interviews: This month I had a few interviews for temp and retail positions, none of which I snagged but I'm grateful in this economy to have had them nonetheless! One of the interviews I had was a group one that was set up different than others I've participated in before. I'm thankful for the experiences I've gained from the interviews I did have this month. After each interview I always reflect to see if it is the right position for me, the right fit in the company (if its a professional position), and overall will I be able to physically handle it.

4. (Seemingly) Never Ending Detergent! Earth Friendly Organic Laundry Detergent that I snagged at Sam's club the other month is still going strong! I'm grateful that at the time I picked it up that I had the funds to do so as I've barely made a dent in the bottle. I'm glad that it will be one less thing to worry about going into August. Using household products that are eco-friendly is something very important to me so I'm grateful I will be able to do so with laundry waiting to be washed, no seriously I have at least 3 loads to do today ;)

5. Power Outage! It may seem strange but I'm kinda glad there was a major power outage in Scranton the other day. I was able to get so much done around the house, since it wasn't bright enough to read indoors, and the time without power went by so quickly because of it. Though I kept repeatedly wanting to vacuum the rugs I have in my living room I pretty much was able to focus on chores that only required human energy. I'm grateful for the men and woman that worked tirelessly to restore power back to the "electric" city.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome man. Great things are coming to you!

    Also, I fed your fish. (^^^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed! I am grateful that the virtual fish are being taken care of!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...