create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Gratitude Post

Taking part in Let’s Take the Metro’s gratitude post yet again this week! 

 1. Cleaning Cupboards!  While cleaning my cupboards this week I found teas, soup mixes, and pasta that I thought I ran out of a while ago. Few things that were expired got tossed but was able to use most of it. I go through the cupboards every other week and still get surprised at some of the things I find that I thought was gone already. 

2.    2.    Green Tea: I’m thankful that I still have plenty of green tea to drink while I’m still searching for employment. I have both loose and bagged green tea left, trying to use up the non-loose tea first. In the future I plan on getting loose teas only since it will be slightly more environmentally conscious in that I won’t be tossing out wrappers, used tea bags, and those little strings I tend to break ;)


 3.   3. Rice: Two months ago I bought up a lot of brown rice that was on clearance at Price Chopper and still have plenty to go around. I’m grateful that rice not only keeps for a long time but that it pairs so well with many dishes. Lately I’ve been making semi-fried brown rice with frozen veggies for lunches. 


4.    4. Ramen! The meal of champions! I have a few packages of ramen noodles left. I’m grateful that such cheap food exists despite how unhealthy it may be. If I have fresh carrots I like to grate a bit on top to add some sort of nutritional value to them.  


5.    5. Interviews: This past week I had two interviews; both of which jobs I wasn’t suited for, apparently. Though I was really hopeful about the one position upon further reflection I don’t think it would have been something that would have been for the long term. Whenever I have a negative interview experience I turn it around and use it as motivation to keep searching and going forward.

2 comments:

  1. I love how most of your gratitude revolves around food :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish they feed you at interviews! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...