create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Farmer's Market Haul!

Finally the Farmer's Market opened in Scranton this Friday and I was able to get some fresh veggies that I didn't plant or have yet to receive from my own humble garden this summer. I snagged eggplants, Italian green beans, string beans, fresh homemade bread, cucumbers, and corn oh my! I didn't see any increases in prices this year, to the dismay of some naysayers prior to the opening of the farmer's market. Also snagged some baked goods, it's been so bleh temperature wise that I haven't been up to baking much this summer.
Overall it would have cost me a lot more in the grocery store to snag everything that I did. Spent under $20, which I have been saving during my unemployment so I can at least go once (before finding another job) with a big bang!


Eggplants, cucumbers, Italian green beans

Yum more beans!

Bread, small whoopie pie, and chunk of apple pie!

Corn!


One bag is never enough! ;)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...