create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Homemade Croutons!

I originally wanted to use the 10 grain bread I made for croutons but sadly the bread did not have a long life in my household and it quickly disappeared. Luckily I had some two day old Italian bread to slice and dice into some croutons!


You'll need:
 
Bread (at least a day old)
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Parsley Flakes






Slice and cut bread any which way your heart desires! I tried to keep them somewhat uniform in size hoping they would bake up evenly. Note if you do not create a mess you are doing it wrong ;)
I added the bread pieces in a bowl and lightly coated them with oil, then added in a bit of salt&pepper and a few dashes of parsley flakes. Next I tossed the bread pieces to try to make sure all where nicely coated. Spread them out evenly on a sheet pan or two if you are making a large batch.



I baked mine for about 15 minutes on 400degrees. Allow to cool completely before storing in a container. I had enough from 1/4 a loaf of Italian bread to make croutons for a big and tasty salad for three!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...