create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Gratitude Post

Bam! Five things that I am grateful for this week!


1. Farmer's Market: I am grateful and oh so happy that the farmer's market in Scranton is finally open! I was able to get some fresh veggies that I haven't had for quite a while. I'm glad too that I had the hindsight to put $20 away when I was working a temp job so I'd be able to have one big haul from the farmer's market. Hoping that I will be gainfully employed by August so I may go again several times :)

2. Coconut Oil: I use this for so many things around the house that I'm grateful that I had an extra jar on hand this week! When I first bought a twin pack of Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil from Amazon I was debating on whether I should have gotten a single one, but after pricing it all over Scranton I decided that Amazon was the best deal for my money at the time, and I'm glad I did!

3. Vegetable Garden: Finally the fruits of my labor are being rewarded! At least what the neighborhood gopher hasn't snagged off the vines. I planted several types of tomato plants this year and my plum and cherry tomato plants are producing lovely little creations. I'm grateful that my fussy tortoise loves the fresh tomatoes as that is one less thing I have to worry about buying, at least for the rest of the summer months.

4. Social Networking Sites: I am grateful for social networking sites that allow me to keep in touch with friends from high school, college, grad school, and for random peeps I've clicked with on Twitter. It's a free way to keep in touch and to network while I'm currently seeking gainful employment.

5. Green Tea: Aww just thinking about green tea makes me thankful for its calm and soothing effects it has on me while I keep hitting virtual brick walls on job boards. I love to stop and pause while taking a sip of hot tea to cool my mind from whatever earthly worries I have at that moment in time. It is frustrating a year out of graduate school being dead broke and jobless but I am grateful that during school I loved green tea so much that I have enough to last me at least two more months while I continue to job hunt.

2 comments:

  1. A. I love the farmers market.
    B. I put coconut oil on my cuts tonight!
    C. I am also glad I have green peppers growing, even if I thought I was growing orange ones :)
    D. Yes.
    E. Bam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought my peppers were green but they are yellow and orange so far! I hope my eggplants turn blue ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...