create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Review: Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Bread Mix


I’ve wanted to make fresh bread but was hesitant till I decided to pick up a pack of Bob’s bread mix!
10 Grain Bread Mix 19 oz Pkg
 








I knew it would be a time consuming process so I waited for a day that I wouldn’t have to run errands, go to interviews, take parental unit to doctor appointments, etc. The first step was messy yet fun at the same time. 
Emptying out the package on my kitchen table and following the instructions I hand mixed and kneading the dough to let rise for 1 ½ hours. Next step was my favorite where you “punch” down the dough to let rise again and again.Then finally placed dough in a bread pan to bake for about 40 minutes. I greased the top of my loaf with coconut oil.



 My loaf had a bit of a light golden brown finish to it that my camera didn't capture well. I allowed the loaf to almost fully cool off before slicing off a piece to try. Overall the bread turned out very good and most importantly tasty! I’d love to try some other varieties of the bread mixes Bob has. Since I can’t afford right now to buy anything other than all-purpose flour it was much more economical for me to grab a mix with several different flours/grains mixed together. If I were to buy all 10 grains separately I wouldn’t have been able to get any other groceries that day when I decided to pick up the mix and give it a whirl! And best of all that it cost about half to make compared to loaves of similar breads at grocer bakeries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...