create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Kale Updates

Current status: Red Alert!
No kale in my household, I repeat no kale in my household!! Ottoke????

April was jam packed but I still wanted to make fresh lunches to bring for work, circling around my beloved; Kale. I made a small batch of soup with veggie stock, barley, random pasta shaped O's I found while cleaning my cupboards, and Kale! I loved it since kale keeps it shape no matter how my hands may torture it in dishes I test out in my kitchen.
I made a poor man's bento of a huge portion of rice and steamed kale on the side, then another day with kale and leftover artichoke marinate *deliciousness to the max*

Though I kick start May without my beloved it is still near in a way. I have two different types of kale seeds sitting on my kitchen counter that will soon to be planted in my garden. I'm excited to try some new vegetables in my garden but to also save some money by trying to grow my own kale during the spring/summer months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...