create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Jars of Delight

Polar Strawberries in Light Syrup-10 Oz Jar

Since I've only been working again full time these past few weeks my budget for May has been really tight, from being behind with bills for April, so I thought I would get some jarred fruit instead of fresh. You know because its significantly less than paying by pound or pieces for fresh fruit. I just wanted a strawberry so badly this past week that when I found some in a glass jar, as opposed to canned which I refuse to buy anything anymore, my face was full of glee and delight.

Though it had some "light" syrup in the jar it wasn't listed as HFCS so I thought I would go buck wild and try it out.

Not only did my jarred fruit come in syrup it also had the added bonus of being tangled with black hairs....

For some odd reason I didn't finish off that particular jar of strawberries but instead rinsed out and then recycled the glass container it was held captive in. I was iffy about picking the item up and putting it in my cart that day but I wanted a fruit to snack on and got much more. I'm just hoping that the strawberry plant I bought last year produces some fruit this summer ;)

2 comments:

  1. At target you can get a 5 pack of reusable produce bags for $5...I've been using them to get all produce and stuff to reduce plastic bags that come into the house. You can use them for dry goods that you buy in bulk as well. I too have tried to lay off the cans, as you know, but I really like the tiny cans of tomato sauce...they're one of my staples. I'm proud that you were able to at least find a use for this unfortunate item :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed lately I've been getting the lil cans of Cento sauce. I want to try freezing strawberries whenever there is a bogo sale, there must be one somewhere going on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...