create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Gardening Cheats!

This year I am determined to have a kick butt garden! So much so that I got a few starter kits for herbs and flowers currently taking over window ledges and cramped living room end tables. I remember seeing the Buzzy brand grow kits at Target last year and was kinda meh about them but this year I'm giving them a shot, especially since it was only $1 for the chives kit.
The kits come with a little plastic pot, a soil pelt, and of course a packet of seeds.

The only thing to add is some water to the soil pellet and then tada magically enough soil for the plastic pot is created!
It is mildly amusing to see the hockey puck sized soil pellet soak up the water and grow in size. After I took the above picture it grew taller than the bowl and naturally flew over :)
I did plan on getting some plastic pots at the Dollar Tree along with some herb seeds but for what I would have paid to make a kit at home for one herb it was much more cost efficient to get the kit from Target. I have a few seeds left over that I am going to save for my garden. Now the question that remains is whether it will actually grow or not.

2 comments:

  1. indeed, those glass bowls were glowing in the sunlight. Now they are more than likely wallowing in the sink :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...