create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Crock Pot Lattes

I've abused used my crock pot to cook up various meals, mainly for dinner, but I'm slowly (pun not intended, maybe) finding out other uses for my slow cooker. This past winter, that is still lingering in Northeastern Pennsylvania, I discovered a great slow cooker site called A Year of Slow Cooking and to my delight found a recipe for Pumpkin Lattes!
I didn't have all the ingredient on hand and also substituted milk with soy milk and they still turned out great. The advantage of making it in the crock pot was that I was able to multitask on chores and not have to worry about overcooking the delicious concoction. I'm not a heavy coffee drinker but sometimes just the aroma of freshly brewed coffee is enough to awaken my senses on a groggy morning. Smelling the pumpkin and coffee merging into one made doing chores in the kitchen, and close by living room, seem not so bad :)
During my on-going spring cleaning of my kitchen ,before my full time job begins, I'm hoping in the depths of my cupboards that I will find a forgotten can of pumpkin from holidays past and give it a warm makeover.

You can find the recipes for the Pumpkin Lattes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...