create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Drop It Like It's Hot: Egg Drop Soup!


I make this simple soup whenever I get a craving for chinese food but don't have the funds to get takeout (curse you unemployment.) I've heard of some people doctoring it up with some freshly grated ginger or soy sauce but I omit them since I usually don't have ginger on hand and I'm not to crazy about adding sodium to dishes.

1 quart chicken brooth
1 egg *beaten well

Bring chicken broth to a boil. Remove from heat. Slowly stir in the egg and let cook for an additional minute. That's it! I like to use a whisk when stirring in the egg to create smaller ribbons but you can also stir it in with a fork. Sometimes I'll throw in a handful of egg noodles since they take about 5 minutes to cook up.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...