create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie Without the Pie

I was going to snap a picture on my craptastic tmobile phone but when I made this the other night it disappeared!
I like pot pie but I didn't want to mess around with making a dough from scratch so I grabbed what I already had on hand and made pie-less version :)
I chopped up a few carrots, 2-3 potatoes, and grabbed a handful of frozen peas I had in my freezer waiting to be used. I buy chicken tenders in bulk, and divide and freeze in family meal portioned bags, so I pulled out a bag and cut those suckers up in bite size pieces. I cracked open a can of cream of chicken and combined everything in a random casserole dish. I baked it at 350 degrees for at least 30 minutes.
The cream of chicken soup really cooked down to a nice thick goodness of flavor heaven, next time I may use two cans but I only had one in my lazy susan, that girl needs to get her act together and stock up more often! :)
This would be great to try in the crock pot too. With the temps finally warming up in Scranton I plan to be digging up my yard and prepping for my veggie garden so I will be abusing I mean utilizing my crock pot so I can stay outdoors and not worry about dinner that night. 

2 comments:

  1. yes! and more variety of seasonal foods shall be making its debut! Not like I'm getting tired of root vegetables or anything :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...