create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Fake? Outs

Hungry Girl Fake Outs

One of the reasons I keep my digital cable, other than a parental unit that shudders at the though of life without it, is for the Cooking Channel. Unlike the Food Network there are several shows that don't involve sticks of butter being deep fried in pork fat and served on a platter.
I've heard of, and devoured, kale chips before as a substitute for potato chips so it was refreshing to see them featured on an episode of Hungry Girl for a "fake" out. Some of her recipe swaps include using artificial ingredients which I am trying to avoid using. 

How to make kale chips:

Spray or toss kale in olive oil
Spread on a cookie sheet
Bake at 350 degrees for ten minutes

Bam! That's it. I like to sprinkle a touch of salt on mine before popping them in the oven. I know that was an exhausting list of ingredients and steps but I think its worth trying at least once.

1 comment:

  1. I eat two sticks of butter at a time dipped in lard and deep fried.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...