create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Open Letter to Kale

 600 Seeds, Vates Blue Scotch Kale (Seeds By Seed Needs)
 
 Dear Kale,

I know it has been too long. We haven't seen each other since I was working back in May. I miss sauteing you with garlic, coconut oil, and a splash of rice vinegar than piling you on a bowl of brown rice. Remember last winter? All the soups we made together? I'm hoping we can create even more delicious meals together this winter, that is if I can afford you.
During the summer I tried planting seeds but alas none grew this year. The harsh weather conditions and above normal temps are partly to blame. But I plan on trying to plant more seeds this weekend to try for a fall harvest!
I hope that we are reunited soon but right now I'm focusing on lesser vegetables that are in season and affordable at the farmer's market. Though while walking up and down the market my eyes are always searching for you, always!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...