create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Crop Circle Sightings!

OK it looks more like a crop square ;)

Sometimes I have no notion of why my neighbors tilt and/or shake their heads when I'm doing yard work. Anyways when I'm doing something that is labor intensive, at least for my bones, and it just happens to be outdoors I try to make it fun so it goes by quicker and becomes less mundane over time. I haven't had a backyard since I was a child so my adult version of playing in it is making it the best I can with upkeep and weeding. This past week I decided to try to make circle-like squares to divide up the yard while running back and forth with the mower. It took about the same time it would otherwise so no damage time wise was done.
Any tips for making yardwork fun? One thing I love about pulling weeds is the feeling of accomplishment when/if they don't grow back :)

2 comments:

  1. I used to do the same thing in Taylor! It keeps your mind awake while you're mowing down that grass :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! When I first bought my house I was fearful I wouldn't be paying attention to that machine and lose my toes! I still hope to someday get a manual push mower

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...